Approved NTP Tuition Partners

On the 18th June 2020, the government announced a £1 billion “Catch-Up” fund in order to tackle the impact of lost teaching time as a result of the COVID-19 lockdown.


We are very excited to announce Manning’s Tutors has been selected as an approved NTP Tuition Partner for the 3rd year running, meaning school’s can now receive 60% subsidised tuition support with Manning’s Tutors.


We’re incredibly proud to be able to support teachers in the incredible work they are doing during these challenging times.


Together let’s build student confidence & close the learning gap!

Book a call to find out more


Why Schools Choose Manning’s


Tutoring disadvantaged pupils in schools has been the main focus of Manning’s Tutors for the past 14 years, and as such this National Tutoring Programme is “business as usual” for us.


We believe in working alongside schools and teachers to create unique intervention strategies that help students not only achieve, but exceed, their potential. Our handpicked graduate tutors are often seen by pupils not only as educators but as role models and mentors too, helping to overcome a key barrier to learning for disadvantaged pupils.


We’ve always believed in a flexible approach that is customised to each school’s needs, and that’s never been more important than in the current climate, whether that means sessions can take place within the school day, after school or through evenings and weekends, be it in-person or online.


Our consistent quality is recognised not only by our membership of The Tutors’ Association (TTA) and the British Educational Suppliers Association (BESA) but also by consistently high teacher reviews.

Download Impact Report


Our Services:


Between 1st Sep 2022 and 31st August 2023, schools will be eligible to receive a 60% discount on Manning’s tuition for KS3 and KS4 pupils across English, Maths, Science, Humanities and MFL. We also offer to support at KS5 as part of the 16-19 fund.


– 350 hand-picked, friendly, qualified graduate tutors
– Flexible support including one-to-one & small group tutoring both in-school or online
– Supporting your existing education plans from classwork teaching, coursework help & revision
– Full or part-time education support outside school for excluded students or students who are unable to attend school

Book a call to find out more




Tuition should be delivered in 15 hour blocks in a single subject. These programmes could be delivered as 1-hour per week for 15 weeks, 2-hours weekly for a half term, or more intense 3 days x 5 hours in half terms / Easter / study leave.


We understand that every school is unique, and will work with you to decide on the best combination of these options, or even to develop another model for you.

Book a call to find out more


Capacity & Cost


All schools will have been distributed £162 for each disadvantaged pupil within their school, which is eligible to cover 60% of the cost of tuition, up to a maximum of £18/pupil/hour.  Schools are expected to fund the remaining 40% from their own budget, or from Pupil Premium funding.


While the focus of the tuition should be on these pupils, it is at the school’s discretion which pupils are targeted for the tuition.


With Manning’s, a 15-week programme of 3-to-1 tuition would normally cost £630 (£210/pupil).  As such, the funding provided will be sufficient to provide tuition to all of your disadvantaged pupils + an additional 30% for non-disadvantaged pupils.

Book a call to find out more


Next Steps


To discuss putting a tuition programme in place at your school, please book a call with our NTP team, or leave your details below and we’ll get in touch with you.


Book a call to find out more



“Really successful compared to last year. 625 hours of tutoring – 68% of attendance. Massive shift as a school. What’s been integral is you and your ability and how quickly to action things.”

DP St Paul’s Catholic


“I have spoken to the Year 13s and as we can see from the retention rate, students are very happy with the tuition. They are all aware of their tutor’s details and we are looking forward to the remaining sessions.
This year I am really happy with the immediate absence emails, the daily absence report, and that cover tutors are provided and emailed in advance if required.
We would be happy to recommend you and I have copied in Liam McGillicuddy, headteacher, who I am sure echoes my thoughts and has communication with schools in the borough.
I am sure we will continue to work together and look forward to the Year 11 scheme starting after half term.

I can also confirm I received a small gesture from Manning’s in the post today, thank you.”

D.R (Bishopshalt School)


“James and I are really pleased with the scheme (all phases) and we definitely think this is hugely beneficial to our students.”

J,M (Harvey Grammar)